When it comes to separations, things are quite complicated because there is no clear barrier between things that can and cannot be done.
It all depends on the case, depending on the people involved. However, there are some remarks that men should avoid because they are really embarrassing. Here is what they are and their hidden meaning:
1. "I need more." (Actually more "more")
2. "I started the relationship too soon. I feel like I'm suffocating." (You're too jealous, and you're sticking your nose in too much!)
3. "I can't make you happy, you're better off with someone else." (I hope there is another "lucky one" who will take you as his wife, not me!)
4. "I'd love to be friends and go out together, even if we break up." (How about you combine me with a friend of yours after your anger passes?)
5. "I think we need to take a break. It's going to be good for the relationship." (I want to have sex with others but if I can't find someone else I want to make sure I have someone to go back to.)
6. "I love you but I'm not in love with you" (I care about you like a sister / brother! You're not as cute as you were when I met you.)
7. "I'm not ready for a serious relationship." (I'm not ready to sleep with one person for the rest of my life yet).
8. "It's not your fault, it's me!" (I say whatever you want to hear, but let me run!)
9. "Aaa… do you want to break up? I wanted this before you!" (Do you really dare to break up with me? I'm not giving you a chance! I'm breaking up with you!)
10. "I wish I had known you five years ago when I believed in love." (I let you grow up. I don't need an immature child, I want a woman.